If you purchased your Gen 3 from May 2021 to December 2021 and are experiencing missed recordings, please click here.
For all other ShotKam cameras, follow these steps:
- Shoot in Normal Shooting Mode (one quick click, one green LED), not WiFi Mode (hold button 3-5 seconds). We recommend Normal Shooting Mode so each of your shots will save automatically to your ShotKam's internal memory.
- Ensure your ShotKam is fully charged (at least 3 hours or overnight).
- Perform these at-home tests to check that your ShotKam is functioning well:
- If the above tests are normal, be sure to take your shot when the ShotKam is awake (one solid green LED light only).
- Clay Shooting: Take your shot within 20 seconds of closing the gun action. The ShotKam will go into Sleep Mode (slow flashing green) after 20 seconds of inactivity, so either close the action or bump the gun to waken before shooting.
- Hunting: Be sure to bump the gun with your hand before taking your shot. Bumping the gun is required to wake the ShotKam out of Sleep Mode, then your shot will save automatically. See Hunting with Gen 3.
- For over-and-under shotguns, try adjusting the Recoil Sensitivity setting in the ShotKam mobile app to “Very Sensitive”.
Note: For missed recordings on semi-auto or pump action shotguns, please email email@example.com for additional troubleshooting.