Recommended Video Player for Macs
For Apple Mac computers, we recommend Elmedia Player. This video player is recommended for MacOS 10.15 and newer, or any MacOS that experiences crashes when playing videos in VLC Media Player.
Installing Elmedia Player on your Mac:
- Visit Elmedia Player’s website here: https://www.elmedia-video-player.com/
- A pop-up may appear, select "Allow."
- Click on the downloaded file in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- A pop-up will appear. Click and drag the triangle Elmedia Player icon into the Applications folder.
- Double click on the Applications folder, then find the Elmedia Player icon. Double click to open it.
- Find the triangle Elmedia Player icon in your computer’s dock (bottom of your screen), then hold down the Control key and click the icon. Next, select Options > Keep in Dock.
Viewing your ShotKam videos in Elmedia Player:
- Locate the Elmedia Player in your Applications. Double click to open it.
- Select “File” in the top left-hand corner of your screen. Then, select “Open…”
- Locate the ShotKam under Devices or Locations in the left-hand column, then open the "SHOTKAM" folder. Note: The ShotKam may be listed as "Untitled." If so, hold the Control key on the keyboard and click on Untitled, then "Rename Untitled." Rename it as “ShotKam”.
- Click the dated folder you would like to view. Select “Open.”
- To select only certain shots within a folder, double click to open the folder, hold down the COMMAND key on your keyboard, then click each video to select multiple shots.
- With your videos selected, release the COMMAND key and click “Open.” Your videos will start playing.
Using the frame-by-frame function:
- To use the frame-by-frame feature, you must start with your video paused. Press the spacebar once to pause the video.
- Next, use the right and left arrows on your keyboard to advance the video frames forward and backward, respectively.
- To unpause the video, press the spacebar once. Note: If you’ve selected multiple videos, they will play consecutively.