Yes, the ShotKam app is compatible with most smartphones and smart devices (Tablets and iPads). You must use one of the following compatible mobile devices to setup your camera:
- The following Apple iPhones* are compatible: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro Max, upcoming iPhone 12, and SE (1st and 2nd Generation).
- List of incompatible iPhone models: iPhone 6S, and iPhone 5 or older.
*For iPhones with iOS 14, please see ShotKam and iOS 14
- The following iPads* are compatible: all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Generation, iPad Air 3rd Generation, and iPad Mini 5th Generation.
- List of incompatible iPad models: all iPads released in 2015 or older. The reason is the processor within these iPads cannot handle the high data-rate.
*For iPads with iOS 14, please see ShotKam and iOS 14
Android Phone and Tablet
- All mobile devices with Android 9 (Android Pie) operating system* or later are compatible. Note: Android 8.1 or older is not compatible (Samsung Experience 9).
- How to find out which Android OS is on your device:
- Open your device's Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
*Samsung S10+ with Android 10 OS is compatible, but currently only allows one ShotKam video to download at a time. We are working to resolve this issue immediately.
Google Pixel Smartphone
- The following Pixel smartphones are compatible: Pixel 3 or newer.*
*For Google Pixel 3 devices, please see ShotKam and Google Pixel 3.
Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet:
The ShotKam wireless mobile app is not compatible with Surface tablets, but you can still watch videos on a Surface tablet by using the USB cable. You must treat the Surface Pro like a Windows laptop and use the USB cable.
The mobile app is only compatible with Android or iOS operating systems (not Microsoft OS like the Surface Pro tablets use). We would recommend using an Android phone/tablet, iPhone, or iPad mobile device to watch videos wirelessly.
No, the app is not compatible with the Amazon Operating System used in Kindle Fire tablets.
Refer to our list of compatible computers/laptops here.