Yes, the ShotKam app is compatible with most new smartphones and smart devices (Tablets and iPads). You must use one of the following compatible mobile devices to setup your camera:
- The following Apple iPhones are compatible: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, and SE (2nd Generation).
- List of incompatible iPhone models: iPhone 6S, and iPhone 5 or older.
- The following iPads are compatible: all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th, 6th, and 7th Generation, iPad Air 3rd Generation, and iPad Mini 5th Generation.
- List of incompatible iPad models: all iPads released in 2015 or older. The reason is the processor within these iPads cannot handle the high data-rate.
Android Phone and Tablet
- All mobile devices with Android 9 (Android Pie) operating system* or later are compatible. Note: Android 8.1 or older is not compatible.
- How to find out which Android OS is on your device:
- Open your device's Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
*Samsung S10+ with Android 10 OS is compatible, but currently only allows one ShotKam video to download at a time. We are working to resolve this issue immediately.
Google Pixel Smartphone
- The following Pixel smartphones are compatible: Pixel 4 or newer.
Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet:
- No, the ShotKam app is not compatible with the Surface tablets. The mobile app is only compatible with Android or iOS operating systems (not Microsoft OS like the Surface Pro tablets use). We would recommend using an Android phone/tablet, iPhone, or iPad mobile device to watch videos wirelessly, or any Windows PC or Mac computer to play them with the USB cord plugged in.
Refer to our list of compatible computers/laptops here.