You can connect to the ShotKam's WiFi using any Compatible mobile device. The WiFi will not work with your computer (desktop or laptop), it is only for mobile devices such as a smartphone, iPad, or Tablet. To locate the WiFi Network, follow these steps:
- Fully charge your ShotKam for 3 hours. Once charged, ensure you are within 10 feet of the ShotKam.
- Turn ON the ShotKam's WiFi by starting with the camera fully off, then holding down the power button for 5 seconds. You should see two LED lights. For more information, please see Step 2: Download the mobile app and connect to WiFi.
- On your mobile device, open the Settings app .
- Tap on Wi-Fi (or Connections), then select the ShotKam option. It will say "Connected, No Internet" or "Unsecured Network" and that is normal.
5. Now go to the home screen of your mobile device, locate the ShotKam app, and open it
Still no WiFi option?
- If you still cannot see the "ShotKam" network (or whatever you have renamed it as), then try on a different mobile device.
- If you still do not see the ShotKam WiFi, then the setting was probably changed in the mobile app to 5G, but the WiFi setting should stay at 2.4G. Always leave the ShotKam mobile app WiFi Frequency on 2.4G.
To fix, you will need to replace all the files on your 3rd Generation ShotKam:
- Plug your ShotKam into a computer using the provided USB cable
- Open Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows)
- Locate the SHOTKAM device in the left hand column
- Open the file called "shtkmcfg" using either TextEdit (Mac) or Wordpad (Windows)
- You will see the following in the settings near the very bottom, then make sure it is a "0" and not a "1":
0 //range[0,1] WiFi Frequency setting: 0-"2.4G",1-"5G" -- Please make sure the number in this section is a 0
- Next, select File > Save. Do not rename this file.
- You can now safely eject the camera.