Will it work on my shotgun?
The ShotKam works on all shotgun types: break-actions (over-and-under), semi-auto, and pump. The default gun setting for the ShotKam is for over/under shotguns, but you can easily change that setting within the mobile app to your gun type.
Shop Barrel Mounts
To browse our mounts, please click on your ShotKam web shop below to be directed to our "accessories" page. For more information regarding each attachment size, please continue reading below.
- ShotKam USA- US$39 each
- ShotKam Canada - CA$59 each
- ShotKam UK - £39 each
- ShotKam Europe - €39 each
- ShotKam Australia - AU$79 each
12 Gauge Quick-Release Mount
Our 12 Gauge quick-release mount is automatically included with all new ShotKam purchases. The aluminum mount is lined with rubber pads which provide a firm grip without leaving marks. There is no metal-to-metal contact. This size is also recommended for the following barrel sizes:
- 10 Gauge - Your 10 Ga shotgun will fit our 12 Ga quick-release, so you do not need any additional mounts.
- 16 Gauge - Your 16 Ga shotgun will fit with our 12 Ga quick-release, so you would not need an additional mount. Occasionally, a 16 Ga barrel may require adding an additional bracket pad, so use the free extra pad in the "spare parts bag" that comes with each ShotKam purchase.
To move the ShotKam between shotguns, simply loosen the silver screw to open the mount. The camera stays firm within the mount, then the top portion opens like a claw to clamp onto your barrel. You only need one 12 Ga quick-release per ShotKam; there is no benefit to having multiple. Tighten with approx. 5 lbs of pressure; do not over-tighten.
Bracket assembly instructions:
Watch how to quickly assemble the 12 Ga Quick-Release Mount and how to switch it with a sub-gauge bracket:
- 20 Ga Quick-Release Mount: Mount your ShotKam to any 20 Ga over/under or single barrel shotgun.
- 28 Ga Mount*:Mount your ShotKam to any 28 Ga over/under or single barrel shotgun.
- .410 Mount*:Mount your ShotKam to any .410 over/under or single barrel shotgun.
*These smaller sizes are not available in "quick-release" design. These take about 2 minutes to attach and are lined with rubber pads which provide a firm grip without leaving marks. There is no metal-to-metal contact. Watch the video above to learn how to assemble the sub-gauge brackets to your camera.
Side-by-Side Options (Juxtaposed Double Barrel)
- 12 Ga Side-By-Side: Mount your ShotKam to any 12 Ga side-by-side with this additional mount.
- *Specification for 12 Ga side-by-side: 40.5 mm to 44mm barrel width.
- 20 Ga Side-By-Side: Your ShotKam can be mounted to a 20 Ga side-by-side shotgun, but this attachment is custom-made. We only sell the 12 Ga side-by-side on our website, but we can customize it for a 20 Ga double barrel shotgun. We simply add extra rubber pads to the 12 Ga side-by-side mount to make it smaller for a 20 Ga SxS. Please contact Support@ShotKam.com to purchase.
*Specifications for 20 Ga SxS: 36 mm to 39mm barrel width.
- 28 Ga Side-By-Side: Our mounts are not compatible with this size at this time.
Will it work on my rifle?
The ShotKam can be mounted to most rifles using our shotgun options, including grooved rifle barrels. It is not designed to record video through the scope of a rifle, but rather uses patented technology to measure the forces and movements of your barrel. If your rifle has a moderator (also called silencer or suppressor), then you may see it in the top of your ShotKam videos. The ShotKam cannot be mounted onto rails or silencers; it must be barrel-mounted. Example videos at the bottom of this article, or join our Facebook Group called ShotKam Community (click here)to see videos shared by our customers.
Rifle dimensions can vary, so measure the width of the rifle barrel where you would like to mount the ShotKam. Use a digital caliper to measure your barrel. Here are the recommended mounting accessories available on our websites for each rifle size:
|Barrel Width (in mm)||Recommended Mount|
|12 to 14.5||.410|
|14.5 to 18||28 Gauge|
|18 to 21.5||20 Gauge|
|21.5 to 26||12 Gauge|
|36 to 39||20 Gauge Side-by-Side|
|40.5 to 44||12 Gauge Side-by-Side|
12 Gauge Mount for 21.5mm to 26mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
Recommended for large-caliber rifles including 416, 458, .50 BMG
20 Gauge Mount for 18mm to 21.5mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
Recommended for 30-caliber rifles such as .300 win mag, .308, .30-30, .338, 270, 30-06 (7mm), 9.3 x 62mm, 9.3x74r express rifle
28 Gauge Mount for 14.5mm to 18mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
Recommended for .243, 6.5 Creedmore, 7x64.
.410 Mount for 12mm to 14.5mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
Recommended for AR-15, .223, .22*, .22LR*
*For .22 rifles, please see Using ShotKam with your .22 rifle
12 Gauge Side-by-Side for 40.5mm to 44mm side-by-side barrel widths.
Recommended for both 12 Gauge and 16 Gauge side-by-sides (also known as juxtaposed or parallel shotguns).
20 Gauge Side-by-Side for 36mm to 39mm side-by-side barrel width.
Recommended for 20 Gauge side-by-sides.
Note: If you have a side-by-side that is between 39.1 and 40.4mm, then we recommend adding an extra rubber pad or two to the 12 GA SxS. The problem with over-tightening the bracket is that the screws can get bent and seize up, so do not over-tighten the bracket.
28 Gauge Side-by-Side or smaller: Not available. We can customize the 12 Ga side-by-side with extra rubber pads to make it fit a 20 Ga SxS, but adding even more rubber pads makes the bracket too small for a 28 GA SxS. However, we have found that if you use the 20 Ga side-by-side bracket and fit a piece of garden hose around your barrels, the ShotKam will stay secure. We know it doesn't look pretty, but if you can get it to clamp, it works perfectly.
If you need assistance determining which bracket is correct for you, please email us at Support@Shotkam.com with your rifle size.
Examples of hunts with ShotKam 3 from our customers:
Mule deer with rifle:ShotKam footage starts at 49 seconds in the video below.