The Gen 4 has varying levels of magnification. The default setting is 2.7K format at 3x Zoom. Other magnification options are available, including Wide field-of-view up to 8x Zoom.
Video Resolution and Frame Rate:
The default setting is 2.7 K at 120 frames per second (ultra-high definition). Up to 4K resolution is available.
See below for all Zoom, Resolution, and Frame Rate options:
- 4K at 60 frames-per-second | 2x Zoom (Wide Angle)
- 2.7K at 120 frames-per-second | 3x Zoom
- 1080p at 120 frames-per-second | 2x Zoom (Wide-Angle)
- 1080p at 120 frames-per-second | 4x Zoom
- 720p at 120 frames-per-second | 6x Zoom
- 540p at 120 frames-per-second | 8x Zoom
3x Zoom is equivalent to a 30° FOV.
Playback Recording Speed:
The playback speed can be adjusted, but we recommend leaving it on the default "Normal" speed. The ShotKam records 120 frames per second in Ultra Full HD, then as it saves the video onto the internal memory card, it slows each video down to 1/3 speed. The purpose of this is to mimic how the human eye perceives a moving target (in one-third speed) and is unique to ShotKam's design. If you record a video with your iPhone and play it back, the target will look extremely fast. If you watch a ShotKam video, the target will look exactly like how you perceived it when shooting.
This means that your videos will play back at 40 frames-per-second which is perfect for a smooth video and clear understanding. We recommend keeping this "Normal", but you can adjust this setting within the ShotKam mobile app as follows:
- Slower (1/2 speed of "Normal"): The video will play 16.6 frames per second and be very slow.
- Faster (2x speed of "Normal"): The video will play 66.6 frames per second and be fast.
- Full Speed: The video will play 100 frames per second and be extremely fast. This is not recommended as most devices cannot process such a high data-rate.