Please note that the Gen 3 turns off automatically after 1 hour of inactivity. Bump the gun or click the power button once per hour to restart the timer.
- Charge your ShotKam for 3 hours. The red LED will stay solid once fully charged.
- Disable sleep mode: Turn the ShotKam into Wi-Fi mode, then connect a smartphone or tablet to the ShotKam’s Wi-Fi. Open the ShotKam app, select the Settings icon (gear), tap on “Wake-Up Sensitivity,” then select “Sleep Disabled - Caution / 1 Hour Battery Life.”
- Close the app and turn the ShotKam OFF.
- Now, turn the ShotKam ON into Normal Shooting Mode (one click of the control button; 1 solid green LED).
- Time how long it lasts before it turns off. A healthy battery should last 45 minutes in testing mode. Keep the camera in a cool room or under a fan. CAUTION: It will get hot; this is normal in test mode.
- Important: Turn the "Wake-up Sensitivity" setting back to Normal before going back to the range.
We recommend shooting in Normal Shooting Mode (one green LED light), then turning the camera into WiFi Mode when you would like to download and watch videos. The ShotKam will last 1 hour in constant WiFi Mode, or 4-5 hours with sporadic WiFi use.
If your battery is not lasting 40-45 minutes during the battery test, please see Battery replacement information.