For Windows PC computers, we recommend VLC Media Player version 2.2.8. This video player is free, safe, and has a easy frame-by-frame option. The videos can be played with VLC on PC's running Windows 8, 8.1, or 10. Note: Windows 7 computers are not compatible.
To Install VLC on your Windows PC:
- Follow this link: Download VLC Media Player.
- Open the “Windows PC” folder, then click on the file.
- Click the blue "Download" button. The drop-down may list “Direct download” or “Save to my Dropbox.” You can select “Direct download.”
- At the bottom of your screen, click the arrow (^), then select Open.
- You will be asked if you want to allow this application to make changes to your PC. Select “Yes.”
- Confirm your default language.
- Click “Next” through the VLC Media Player Startup Wizard. Then, click “Install.”
- Click “Finish."
- Right-click on the VLC icon in your taskbar, then select "Pin to Taskbar."
To view your ShotKam videos in VLC:
- Open VLC Media Player.
- Click “Media” in the top left corner. Then, select "Open File."
- Scroll down to ShotKam.
- Select the ShotKam Folder.
- You will see a list of dated folders. Select the dated folders of the shots you would like to view.
- Once finished, close VLC.
- Open File Explorer, right click on the ShotKam device, then select Eject. It is now safe to unplug.
How do I go frame-by-frame?
To go frame-by-frame in VLC Media Player, use the "e" key on your keyboard. Please note that the frame-by-frame function freezes in VLC's latest update, version 3.0.11. Be sure that you are using VLC version 2.2.8 to view your ShotKam videos.
What are the keyboard shortcuts?
Spacebar: Pause and play videos.
E: Go frame-by-frame.
F: Full-screen mode.
Esc: Exit full-screen mode.
S: Close videos.